BERNINA Q 24 is designed as a frame model machine with even more room for your largest projects. The 10′ BERNINA frame offers more quilting space than usual – you can quilt a 115″ sized quilt on it. The frame with a sturdy single rail system is ideal for all of your quilting needs. Take full advantage of the 24″ freearm depth.
BERNINA’s first Longarm quilting machine features a full 24″ of quilting space from the needle to the back of the machine. The unique threading path, thread stand, handwheel, and machine controls are all located at the front of the machine right where you need them. Master hand-guided quilting quickly with the assistance of the integrated BERNINA Stitch Regulator.
The BERNINA Longarm Stitch Regulator is simple to activate and simple to customize using the machine’s touch screen. Set the stitch length as preferred for a variety of quilting styles. The BERNINA Longarm Stitch Regulator keeps the stitch length consistent even at variable stitching speeds. Choose between three stitch regulation modes, including a basting mode or a fully manual mode.
The unique and fully articulating handles can be moved to just the right position for all of your quilting needs. Whether stitching edge-to-edge, custom motifs or ruler work the handles can be adjusted for visibility and comfort. Program each of the buttons on each handle to keep frequently used functions at your fingertips. Edge-to-edge /pantograph style quilt designs can be easily guided with the optional rear handle system and screen. With 2,200 stitches per minute for hand-guided quilting, you will complete more quilts more quickly than ever.
From the Very First Stitch, You Will Appreciate the Thought Behind Every Detail.
The BERNINA Q 20 and Q 24 are longarm quilting machines and only differ in the length of the throat space.
- Q 24 has a throat space of 24 inches.
- Q 20 has a throat space of 20 inches.
BERNINA offers the quilting frame in three sizes: “Small”, “Classic” and “Large”, allowing you to choose the frame that best fits your quilting space while maximizing your project size.
BERNINA Q-Matic: Longarm Quilting Automation System
The BERNINA Q-Matic system is automated quilting in just a few simple steps. Easy quilting, whether stitching out simple edge-to-edge designs or intricate custom patterns. It includes over 250 designs from several renowned European and US Designers, including Lisa H. Calle, Keryn Emmerson, Amanda Murphy, Tula Pink, Patrizia Ritter, Linzi Upton, and Sarah Vedeler and more than 350 additional designs included with Art & Stitch. There are multiple on-demand help functions for assistance in every step of creating and placing your quilting design.
A 21.5” all-in-one touch PC mounted to the side of the frame guarantees comfortable access to all designing and placement features. For ease-of-use, additional sew head interaction screens allow control of design stitch-out and placement directly with the sewhead. Returning to the main screen is not necessary making your quilting highly efficient. With a one-touch quick belt release system, it is an easy switch from automated to freehand quilting and due to the side-mounted PC and the one-touch quick belt release system, the Q Series machine remains lightweight and maneuverable.
Fast threading and winding
- Threading becomes a child’s play
- Enjoy comfort all the way
- Wind your own bobbin in no time
The well-positioned spool holders and forward threading paths are easy to reach and simple to follow. The on-board bobbin winder makes it convenient to wind your own bobbins
Unique user interface
- Simple-to-navigate touch screen
- Individual settings for full comfort
- Built-in tutorials offer full assistance
Totally customizable, the user interface includes useful functions, such as five user profiles, a stitch counter, and built-in tutorials regarding maintenance.
Comfortable quilting has priority
- 8-way, fully-adjustable handles
- Quilt in your preferred position
- Adapt position to any quilting method
The most frequently used functions are right at your fingertips. Fully-adjustable 8-way handles offer comfort, whether stitching edge-to-edge or custom motifs, reducing any potential fatigue. Simply quilt in your preferred position.
Beautiful stitches every time
- Achieve precise stitching results
- Stitches are always consistent
- Perfection is the new standard
With high-speed precision stitching up to 2.200 stitches per minute, you will complete more quilts quicker than ever.
- Full operation from the front
- Adjustable frame height
- Easy manual needle positioning
The machine can be fully operated from the front. Adjust the frame height to your personal preference. Dual handwheels (front and back) allow for easy manual needle positioning.
Our cutting-edge machines are equipped with numerous innovative functions and programs. Here, we provide you with an overview of what your preferred machine is capable of and tell you all about the advantages of the BERNINA Q 24.
Frame: Strength and style
For quality machine performance you need a quality frame, robust enough to handle the size and speed of the BERNINA longarm machines.
- Size (length × depth): 3.55 × 1.2 m (approximately 140″ × 47″)
- Variable working height: 0.9 to 1.2 m (approximately 35″ to 47″)
- Total weight: Approximately 150 to 180 kg (330 to 397 lbs) (depending on accessories)
- Number of legs: 6
- The hydraulic height adjustment is optional.
- Throat space 610 mm (24″)
- Screen 109 mm (4.3″)
- Throat space area fully illuminated with LEDs
- Operating system Touch
- Hook system M Class Rotary Hook
- Threader Semi-automatic
- Thread tension Electronic
- Presser foot lift Electronic
- Thread indicator Upper Thread
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator functionality Dual Stitch Regulators
- Connection (basic) USB host / slave
- Connection (additional purpose) HDMI
Sewing & Quilting Features
- Sewing speed maximum 2,200 spm
- Stitch length minimum of 1.05 mm (24 Stitches per inch)
- Stitch length maximum of 25.4 mm (1 Stitch per inch)
- Personal Program
- On-board bobbin winder
- Compatible with domestic machine needles
- Compatible with BERNINA free-motion feet
- Darning Foot # 9
- Vertical spool holders
- Presser Feet: 1
- Darning Foot 9V
- Instruction Manual
- Instructional Presentation DVD
- Accessory Box
- 2 Front Handles
- Thread Lubrication kit & Silicon Oil
- 6 Bobbins
- Bobbin Thread Tension Gauge
- 1 Pack Needles
- Seam Ripper
- Torx Screw Driver
- 2 Spool Retainers
- Vertical Thread Holder
- 2 Cone Holders
- Lint brush
- Large Spool Net (white)
- Small Spool Net (red)
- Manual Needle Threader
- Small Screwdriver
- Torx Screw Drivers T6, T10, T20, T25, T30
- Cleaning Cloth