Husqvarna Viking EPIC 980Q is the biggest and best in its class to date, boasting the largest sewing area of any stand-alone sewing machine and the largest touch screen, just to name a couple. The Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q is the ultimate sewing machine, be it for dressmaking, quilting, or home dec projects.
The Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q is a computerized Sewing & Quilting Machine that offers many features to assist you through sewing and will handle any type of material, from multiple layers of denim or soft furnishing or delicate materials such as silk and pieces of cotton.
The EPIC 980Q sewing machine is our most advanced and comprehensive computerized sewing machine ever. Made for Sewers, by Sewers to set your imagination on fire.
With the EPIC 980Q, you’ll discover intuitive, leading-edge features created to help you get from “idea to done” in less time than ever before. The lightest and largest computerized sewing machine available to sewers today, this sleek and integrated sewing machine includes everything that our previous models have to offer, then takes your sewing experience to an entirely new level. You can enhance your creative capabilities, and bring any of your ideas to life – with any fabric.
The lightest and largest computer-controlled sewing machine you can get today.
Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q sewing & quilting machine is the most advanced, most powerful, and most precise sewing machine the brand has ever introduced. The highly anticipated, top-of-the-line machine, engineered by a global leader in the sewing industry with a legacy of precision and quality dating back more than 150 years, was designed to incorporate Husqvarna Viking superior high performance into an unprecedented array of best-in-class features. These include the brand’s largest, brightest workspace; comprehensive connectivity; and unmatched power and stability.
The Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q machine is also equipped with the brand’s largest tablet-like display screen, a unique graphical interface, a fully automatic needle threader, and a plethora of exclusive, new stitch options, all of which will give Husqvarna Viking customers the freedom, precision, and control to follow their own creative lead wherever it takes them. These features are bolstered by ergonomic features sewists crave including a lighter machine weight, rubberized wheel, and curved workspace.
The Viking 980Q Quilting machine is jam-packed full of sewing features designed to make your experience more pleasurable every time. Some simple conveniences as the sleek spacious accessory storage area to the hassle-free thread sensor system. The EPIC will constantly adjust itself to ensure your stitch is perfect every time regardless of fabric or thread.
Husqvarnas Exclusive Sensor System does away with tensions, instead of a conventional thread tension the EPIC 980 only feeds you the tread that you need to complete your stitch, even the most obscure of threads have a much greater chance of not snapping when being sewn with the EPIC 980Q and the stitch will be perfectly balanced.
Even when quilting, you can use the included Dual Feed Foot to ensure when you are sewing multiple layers your sewing is balanced and neat. The Exclusive Sensor System works with every stitch, every thread, and every fabric, even on buttonholes which are measured and balanced to be perfectly replicated how you want them time after time providing perfect symmetry consistently.
Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q Features and Benefits
JoyOS Advisor Feature
Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS ADVISOR feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension /portioning, and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
- Interactive Tutorials – Learn how to sew different techniques like zips, collars, hems, etc. The Epic 980Q sewing machine guides you all the way and sets everything for you.
- Stitch Techniques – All the exclusive Husqvarna Viking techniques are shown with step-by-step instructions, including animations and/or illustrations.
- Quick Help – Touch any stitch, icon, or function to see its name and description.
- The Complete User’s Guide is right there in your machine, everything you want to know on screen.
Large Working Area
There are no limits to your larger-than-life projects, quilts home dec projects or fashion.
- Large sewing area, more than 12″ x 5 1/2″ (310x140mm) work area.
- The design of the sewing head gives great visibility when sewing.
- Tall needle area height, 3″ (77mm), for easier access when changing the presser foot or needle.
Exclusive Stitch Techniques
Husqvarna Viking has world-class unique stitches for more creative opportunities. “Sequin stitches”, “Theme stitches” plus Dimensional stitches.
- Create Dimensional Stitches by adding fabric or sequins for a unique decorative and textured effect; both vertically and horizontally.
- With the Theme Stitches, you can randomly select from different stitches in the same family.
mySewnet – Wifi Connectivity And Apps
mySewnet allows easy access to files from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet, or Epic 980Q sewing machine. The files will always be synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi.
- Automatic updates
- Free mySewnet account with the ability to share content between devices
- Apps available for both Android and iOS
Largest Display With 10.1″ Capacitive Touch Screen
Easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch gestures.
- Large (10.1″, 217×136 mm) full-color capacitive touch screen with 180-degree viewing angle and high resolution (1280×800).
- The user interfaces deliver an optimum intuitive experience. Designed by sewers for sewers.
Fully Automatic Needle Threader
With one touch of a button, your needle is threaded and ready to sew.
Illuminated Working Area
Especially developed lighting, designed to give exceptional even light across the entire work area.
- Developed by optronic experts
- Created using revolutionary LED technology and light guide optics
- See fabric and stitches in true color and without shadows
Exclusive Sensor System Feature
Automatically and continuously senses and adjusts to any thickness of fabric for perfect, even feeding as you sew.
- Sensor Foot Lift – Presser foot lowers and raises automatically for every sewing technique. Four positions: down, pivot, up, and extra lift. Automatically lowers feed teeth on the extra lift for maximum space to slide thick fabrics and quilts under the foot easily.
- Sensor Foot Pivot – Automatic float position with the needle down for instant pivoting, easy appliqué, and quilting. Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
- Sensor Foot Pressure – The Presser Foot continuously senses the thickness of the fabric and automatically adjusts the presser foot pressure, for even feeding on all fabric types.
deLuxe Stitch System
Less time and effort spent on machine adjustments with high-quality results regardless of fabric and thread type. Perfect for metallic, sliver, or other specialty threads. Gorgeous stitch results on both sides of the fabric.
- Thread Portioning feeds the optimum amount of thread for each stitch, no matter what thread type or fabric thickness.
- Choose between Thread Portioning or Thread Tension for specific techniques/accessories.
Electronic Needle Piercing Power
Stitch through heavy fabrics or several layers without hesitation
- Pulsating force gives superior results when sewing through heavy/dense fabrics or multiple layers.
- Maximum needle force 150Nw.
Lightweight One-Piece Aluminium Casting
The lightest machine in its class yet the largest working area.
- Sturdy and quiet
- Fewer vibrations
Large Bobbin And Bobbin Winding Through Needle
For time-saving and convenient bobbin winding.
- Do more sewing before it’s time to change your bobbin
- No risk of thread tangling with the placement on the side of the machine
- Separate bobbin winding motor
Extensive Selection Of Built-In Stitches
Endless opportunities to be creative.
- Over 1,000 stitches
- 19 categories for easy selection
- Exclusive patented stitch techniques
- 5 sewing alphabets, with both upper and lower-case letters, for easy programming
New Thread Path With Telescopic Thread Guide
Use larger spools of your favorite thread.
- Easily use all types and sizes of thread spools
- More convenient bobbin winding
Interchangeable Dual Feed Included
No matter what type of fabric, it has never been easier to keep your fabrics in place.
- The Interchangeable Dual Feed with changeable presser feet is designed to feed layers of fabric and/or batting evenly.
- It is perfect for quilting, sewing velvet, stretch fabrics, leather, and fabrics that need precise pattern matching.
All your necessary functions at your command with the touch of a button or program them for your needs.
- Needle Up/Down
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Pattern Restart
Perfectly Balanced Buttonholes
The Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot automatically sews perfect one-step buttonholes every time.
- Sews both sides of the buttonhole in the same direction for evenly balanced buttonholes.
- 11 buttonhole styles and eyelet designed for various sewing applications.
Find the balanced setting right there on the screen for easy editing when using special fabric and/or thread.
Straight Stitch Plate And Sensor
The perfect help for straight stitch sewing with any special accessory.
- Attach the Straight Stitch Plate and the machine sensor alerts you if you select any stitch other than a straight stitch.
- No need to worry about damaging needles.
Two Free-Motion Settings
Line up stitches to sew exactly where you want them.
- Possible to change complete stitch position for all stitches with less than 7 mm stitch width.
29 Needle Positions
Sews a straight stitch in 29 different needle positions for perfect topstitching, edge stitching, under stitching, stitching-in-the-ditch, or quilting.
Accessory Box With Customised Compartments
Keep all the included accessories close at hand.
- Store your presser feet in alphabetical order
- Straight stitch plate clicks into place
- Slot for Sensor buttonhole foot
Two USB Ports
Two USB ports allow for the smooth transfer of files and updates.
Dust-free storage for your machine.
Inch / Centimetre Ruler On The Base Plate
Convenient measuring right there on your Epic 980Q sewing machine.
- Ruler up to 19″ (48.5cm)
- Button ruler
When you buy the Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q sewing machine from Sterling Sewing, you are covered by our comprehensive 5-year warranty.
In the unlikely event, your sewing machine develops a fault, we will arrange for collection, repair, and re-delivery of your machine for the duration of the warranty period.
- Husqvarna Viking Epic 980Q
- Sewing machine, user guide, and all attachments
- extension table with adjustable guide
- the foot book with the following additional feet that don’t come standard with the machine: Narrow zipper foot, Decorative guide foot, Quilter’s foot, 1/4 inch guide foot, and open toe foot
- Universal needles, Topstitch needles, Denim needles, Microflex needles, and Ballpoint needles
- Fabric cutting board and guide
- The mini vacuum attachment set
- Tailor’s chalk
- Duckbill applique scissors
- EZ Snips
- Smooth tracing wheel
- Loop Turner
- Ezy-pull Bodkin
- Ballpoint bodkin
- Tape measure
- Hooks and eyes
- Leather punch
- 24 extra bobbins
- Bobbin holder
- Husqvarna Viking Trolley Bag for Designer Epic
- Husqvarna Viking Large Metal Hoop 240mm x 150mm
- Husqvarna Viking Small Metal Hoop 100x100mm
- Basic Colours 100m Sew-All Thread Set 10pk
- Multi Colours 100m Sew-All Thread Set 10pk
There are no reviews yet.